Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/10553/73613
Title: Direct bioresorbable vascular scaffold implantation: Feasibility and midterm results
Authors: Suárez de Lezo, Javier
Martin, Pedro 
Mazuelos, Francisco
Novoa, Jose
Ojeda, Soledad
Pan, Manuel
Segura, Jose
Hernández, Enrique
Romero, Miguel
Melian, Francisco
Medina, Alfonso
Suárez de Lezo, Jose María
UNESCO Clasification: 320501 Cardiología
321307 Cirugía del corazón
Keywords: Eluting Coronary Stent
Imaging Outcomes
Artery-Disease
Follow-Up
Trial
Balloon
Absorb
Immediate
System
Predilatation
Direct Stent
Bioresorbable Vascular Scaffold
Mid-Term Outcom
Issue Date: 2016
Journal: Catheterization and Cardiovascular Interventions 
Abstract: Objectives: To analyze the feasibility and safety of direct bioresorbable vascular scaffold (BVS) implantation without previous balloon dilation. Background: Lesion preparation through predilation is recommended before BVS implantation. There is no information on the routine use of direct BVS implantation. Methods and Results: One hundred fifty-three patients with a total of 200 coronary lesions, were treated with BVS. A baseline intravascular ultrasound study (IVUS) was performed in 171 lesions (86%), and after BVS implantation, the quality of scaffolding was assessed with an additional IVUS (83, 41%) or optical coherence tomography (77, 38%). Elective predilation was conducted in 50 lesions. In 150 lesions, direct BVS implantation was attempted. In 129 lesions (86%), the BVS was implanted successfully, and in the remaining 21 (14%), direct implantation failed. In these cases, the scaffolds were retrieved and successfully implanted after balloon angioplasty. Longer and C-type lesions, and a larger plaque burden, were associated with failure to directly cross the lesion. Balloon postdilation was needed in 34% of the lesions. Ten patients (6.6%) had a periprocedural myocardial infarction. One patient (0.6%) died 60 days after BVS implantation due to thrombosis of the scaffold. At follow-up, target lesion revascularisation was needed in eight patients (5%). After 123 months, the remaining patients were symptom-free. Conclusions: Direct BVS implantation is safe and feasible in most soft coronary plaques.
URI: http://hdl.handle.net/10553/73613
ISSN: 1522-1946
DOI: 10.1002/ccd.26133
Source: Catheterization And Cardiovascular Interventions [ISSN 1522-1946], v. 87 (5), p. E173-E182, (Abril 2016)
Appears in Collections:Artículos
Show full item record

SCOPUSTM   
Citations

10
checked on Aug 9, 2020

WEB OF SCIENCETM
Citations

9
checked on Aug 9, 2020

Page view(s)

12
checked on Aug 8, 2020

Google ScholarTM

Check

Altmetric


Share



Export metadata



Items in accedaCRIS are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.